Did you know that September was Childhood Cancer Awareness month? Well, here are a few facts about childhood cancer.
- In 2014, it is expected that 1 in 285 children will be diagnosed with cancer before the age of 20.
- Even though childhood cancer is considered “rare”, worldwide over a quarter of a million kids are diagnosed annually.
- The causes of most childhood cancer is unknown.
- Currently, childhood cancer can not be prevented.
- It is expected that about 43 children a day will be diagnosed with childhood cancer.
Those facts are startling to those that might not have ever had to watch their child battle cancer. Let’s start raising awareness for our children, our neighbor’s children and our communities’ children.
I want to say thank you to everyone that is donating to the Cards of Hope program. I have gotten stickers, crafts, hats and etc to pass on to those enrolled in my program. Again, the donations are very appreciated.
P.S. Due to large number of requests of people wanting to be enrolled in the program, I could really use stamps (postcard stamps, regular forever stamps and international forever stamps) at this time.