Often times I have people ask me how they can be relieved of their nausea and/or vomiting with their cancer treatments. So here are some tips that will help get you some relief if you are experiencing nausea or vomiting.
1. Always take the anti nausea medications that your physician has prescribed to you as directed.
2. Drink a cup of warm peppermint tea.
3. Try drinking a glass of ginger-ale.
4. Try sucking on a piece of hard candy or a lollipop.
5. Eat some saltines or dry toast (very slowly) .
6. Try laying down and resting.
7. Apply your thumb to your wrist and press for 30 seconds. Your index and middle fingers should be on the top of your wrist.
8. Put a cool wet washcloth on your face.
9. Take deep breaths through your nose and out through your mouth.
10. Try positioning a fan so air blows directly on the face.
11. Put some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and sniff slightly.
12. Try eating a small amount of applesauce.
13. Try slowly eating a ice pop or a popsicle.
14. Try drinking some warm ginger tea.
15. Try eating 1-2 peppermint flavored tic tacs.
16. Eat small meals throughout the day.
17. Try sucking on ice chips.
If you have any tips that have helped you, please let me know. If you have any tips that I haven’t mentioned, please let me know.