Did you know that May is brain cancer awareness month? Here are a few things about brain cancer that you should know..
- Brain cancers are the most common cancer for children ages 0-19 yrs.
- More than 4,600 children this year will be diagnosed with brain cancer this year
- There are 120 different types of brain tumors
- About 22,850 adults in the US will be diagnosed in the United States with brain cancer
Signs and Symptoms of Brain cancer:
- Memory changes
- Personality changes
- Changes in sensory items (i.e. loss of smell or taste, having a strong sense of smell/taste)
- Vision changes
- Loss of balance
- Difficulty swallowing
If you are concerned about possibly having a brain tumor and you have some of these signs, please notify your doctor and get checked out.