Did you know that Melanoma is a dangerous type of skin cancer that will account for over 73,000 cases of skin cancer this year? It can start nearly on any part of your skin, even your nail beds and areas that never get sun exposure.
So who is at most risk for this cancer?
- those that have had severe sunburns in the past
- those with weakened immune systems
- those with paler skin tones
- those that have been exposed to too much UV (ultravoilet) radiation from the sun or tanning beds
- those that have had family members with skin cancer
- those that have multiple unusual moles
Use the ABCDE approach when examining your skin for possible skin cancer.
If you have a suspicious mole or area on your skin, please have your doctor check it out.