It is breast cancer awareness month. This is a perfect time to schedule your yearly mammogram if you are a woman over the age of 40.
Here are some tips to help when you go for yours.
- Don’t wear deodorant, powders, lotions or perfumes the day of your mammogram. These items can possibly show up on your images.
- Schedule your mammogram when your breast will be the least tender. ( Often times this is the week after your period)
- Consider taking Motrin or Tylenol prior to your mammogram, if you feel a lot discomfort when having one.
- Often times wearing a two piece outfit makes putting on the facility’s gown a little easier.
- If you are having a mammogram done at a different place then you did last time, make sure to bring your films from your last mammogram to that facility. That way they have something to compare your new pictures to.
- Have a friend have theirs on the same day. Often times having a buddy that is going through having a mammogram helps time go by faster in the waiting area.